Yesterday at my bible study, the speaker focused our attention on wisdom and seeking that from His word. She referenced Proverbs 28:26 Trusting oneself is foolish, but those who walk in wisdom are safe.
As soon as she read the verse, I could not help but look at the application of this verse. My NLT study bible puts it this way:
"For many people, the rugged individualist is a hero. We admire the bold, self-directed men and women who know what they want and fight for it. They are self-reliant, neither giving nor asking advice. What a contrast to God's way. A person can't know the future or predict the consequences of his or her choices with certainty. And so the totally self-reliant person is doomed to failure. The wise person depends on God."
God is dependable, and He and keeps His promises.
Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and constantly loves those who love him and obey his commands. Deuteronomy 7:9
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
During this journey, I have come to seek His word first and trust in Him. My husband and I are intentionally living according to His will, not the ways of the world or our own desires. It has been so liberating! Yes, liberating!
And, yet each day I fall short of His glory (Romans 3:23). Each day I have to remind myself of His power, provision, and presence.
Have a blessed day as you walk in His will!
Keira
No comments:
Post a Comment