Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tears Tonight

Tears tonight from our youngest…feeling super sad about selling our house. Today was the first day that it was on the market, so I can totally understand how Evan is feeling. In fact, I was feeling emotionally weak yesterday. This home has been wonderful, and it is all Evan has ever known. What Evan doesn't understand is that our family is our home--no matter where we are, as long as we are together, we are home. He will understand that one day, though. And, he will go through this whole process under our protection and comforted by our unending love and care. Just as our whole family is under our LORD's protection and comforted by His unending love and care.

I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me. Proverbs 8:17

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Today my husband also got an email confirming that he is still in the running for an assistant professor position at a Christian university. When I first heard about this job several weeks ago, I was so emotional and brought to tears. It just felt so right--it was meant for him. We will see, though. We continue to pray over the job, but in the end, we know that God has a clear plan, and it has already been set in motion. We are simply following His lead.

Many plans are in a man's heart, But the counsel of the LORD will stand. Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment