Last week my husband came across a job posting for an assistant professor position at a Christian university. When I opened his email and viewed the posting, I was so emotional and was brought to tears. It just felt so right. It was at that moment that I realized something so true. I realized that working in a job where our LORD is honored and recognized is a must. In my husband's current setting, God is opposed.
"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." Matthew 12:30
There is no grey area in God's word--it is black and white.
I remember all too well, when teaching in public school, the feeling I had when we would come across information that clearly opposed our creator, our LORD. While I went over the information in a very neutral way, I was still participating in allowing our young minds to be filled with contradiction, worldly views, and opposition to our LORD. I am so thankful to no longer be in that setting where I had no choice but to be lukewarm during my work day.
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Revelation 3:15-16
While I loved teaching and completely respect the profession, I have an entirely different perspective of the man-made institution of public education. I see clearly now how Satan is so crafty in his ways--how he is able to reach our impressionable and vulnerable children by the millions in this setting, and day after day fill them with contradiction, opposition, and doubt. It is crystal clear.
I know that this may rub people the wrong way, but I am not writing to please people. I serve God, not man, and I am writing to encourage and inspire Christians to see and hear truth. "Whoever belongs to God hears what God says." John 8:47
I have been on both sides, and it is incredibly liberating to now be teaching with God in the center. He is our focus and fills our every discussion. It is so freeing and peaceful. There is no opposition or contradiction, and there is certainly no doubt.
I am praying for that same liberation and peace for my husband. May he experience the joy that comes from serving our LORD openly and freely! May his talents and love of our LORD be used to further the kingdom of God each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment