Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Rewards of Following

Our homeschooling journey has begun, and I am truly overflowing with joy. I feel so at peace--such a sense of calm and excitement, not to mention incredibly encouraged and inspired. Just a few days ago, I received a call from our local homeschooling group, CHET-NW, and was welcomed to this new journey with such love by a veteran homeschooling mom. The outpouring of support, love, and encouragement has been incredible. I feel so blessed to be on this journey and know that it feels so right because it is God's will for our life.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
Romans 8:14

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:27

Following is not easy--we are taught early on that paving our own road and relying on our own strength is the key to success. However, choosing to rely on our Lord by listening and following Him is the ultimate measure of strength. The rewards of following are far more beautiful than what the world deems as success.

No comments:

Post a Comment