Can I just say that life has never been this good??!! Despite, or perhaps because of, our dark (or red) financial outlook, I am at such peace and feel such contentment with the direction of our life. I am so incredibly thankful to be a wife to an amazing man, a homemaker, and a homeschooling mom. If you had asked me a year ago what I would be doing now, I never would have pictured this life. Following God's lead is nothing short of amazing!
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, Ephesians 3:20
The changes in our family life are beautiful! One of the greatest gifts has been that of time. Time to focus on my husband, time to be there for my children, time to make healthy meals, time to teach my children valuable lessons, time to keep our home clean and organized, time to meditate on God's word… Time is truly the greatest gift we can give and receive.
Just the other day, I truly experienced the wonder of this gift. After a morning of lessons, I suggested that the boys go swimming. Our youngest asked me to go in the pool with them. I told him that I did not really want to and had things to do (email, Facebook, and Pinterest). He was heart-broken and reminded me that I had promised to go the next time they went swimming. I stopped, took a deep breath, and thought… Wow! First of all, what lesson would I be teaching him if I did not keep my promise? Secondly, what was truly more important, at that very moment, that I could not put off to spend time playing in the pool with my precious boys? I went for it! What a sweet hour I had thinking of nothing but the two of them as we played in the pool. That time was a gift to all three of us.
That very afternoon, Collier came home from his first day of 8th grade exhausted and emotional. In addition to a long day, he had just had his first football practice and was dehydrated and nauseous. I decided to focus entirely on him. For the next hour, I gave him my undivided attention. During that time, I was able to comfort and feed him, get him organized for school, and listen to everything he had to say. I experienced seeing the transformation of this weary teenager into a laughing and joyful young man. What a gift I was able to give my child. Time is simply priceless!
Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:4
I am so grateful to be a mother! But, it is only by God's grace that I am the mother I am today. He has helped me understand where my priorities of time should be and what my Godly purpose is.
No comments:
Post a Comment