Wednesday, November 7, 2012

God is Sovereign

We just finished dinner and listened to this podcast as a family. Albert Mohler did a great job briefing us on the events of last night, why it happened, and finally what we must do as Christians.

I must say, I am disheartened by last night's results. I fear for the direction of our country both morally and economically. I fear the more globalized and more involved in a world government we become, the less rights and liberties we will have as Americans. I fear for our religious freedom. I fear for our rights as parents to homeschool. I feel such sadness over the sexual promiscuity of our youth and the view we have of unborn babies. And, I feel such sadness over the continued degradation of the family. However, with this fear and sadness, I must cloth myself with my Lord's full armor.
Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything to stand firm. Ephesians 6:11-13
And, I certainly take heart in knowing that God is sovereign and that our Lord reigns. Though, as Christians, I must remember that we are called to submit to our government.
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. Romans 13:1-2
As our family follows His lead, we will continue to put our trust and complete faith in Him.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Keira

No comments:

Post a Comment