Black and White?
Shades of Grey?
My understanding of the world used to involve many shades of grey; today I know different. The grey has truly been washed away. And the most beautiful part is that it is clear as day (boy, I am rhyming here) and very black and white in His Word--God's infallible and timeless gift to us.
Over the past (almost) year, God has been busy molding me, and transforming our family, into something new--or something it should have been all along. Just as the potter in Jeremiah 18 took spoiled clay and formed it into something pleasing, so is God doing with us. But, it takes time.
I am far from perfect, but I hope I am pleasing to Him. I certainly now know the difference between right and wrong, God's will and the world's desires, God's purpose for His creation and Satan's evil ways, and how truly narrow the gate is.
Enter though the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction and there are many who enter through it. Matthew 7:13
But, with that clear vision comes frustration, regret, and anger. I need to hand that all over to Him because those feelings are certainly not acceptable to God.
Some days I feel like going back in time to change events and choices, but I know that even those things, as made clear in Romans 8:28, have been used for a purpose. Other days I feel like I am drowning and simply want to live off the grid with my family, tucked away from the evils that permeate every aspect of our lives, but alas, that is not possible.
So, today, I pray for a happy and fearful heart (I know that is oxymoronic). I pray that I rejoice daily in God's beautiful gifts and perfect plan that is simply black and white. I pray that my fear of God's judgement will drive me to live according to His will, knowing that one day I must stand before my LORD and answer to Him.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
No comments:
Post a Comment