I started pondering over "spring cleaning" from a different perspective--perhaps one that you would not think about if I were to announce, "It is time for me to do some spring cleaning." And that is one of intentionally evaluating all the things, activities, projects, and even time spent with certain people, that are distracting…
This day in age, with technology, media, more choices of products than ever, opportunities and activities for our children, friends under the spell of worldly thinking or professing new age philosophies, etc., we can easily get distracted and become confused about what is best for our family. Lately, I have started questioning everything…and my litmus test is the Bible. If we are to remain the salt and the light in this dark and decaying world, we must remain focused on our eternal purpose, strong in our faith and undiluted. Jesus says in Matthew 5:5-13,
"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."In Matthew 7:13-14, Jesus clearly illustrates that there are only two ways of life. As I read His teachings, I can't help but think what could be preventing me from shining bright and remaining on the narrow path--thus hindering the growth I desire and distracting me from my mission of supporting my husband and raising godly children. For it is only on that narrow path that I will glorify God and find the small gate that leads to life.
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."So, as I "spring clean" my home, I will prayerfully evaluate other areas that need "cleaning" and lovingly prune distractions and negative influences.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Keira
No comments:
Post a Comment