Until then, perhaps a little update from the Moody family…
- We got our foster/adopt paperwork!! Yippee, but we have done nothing with it…waiting for God's lead right now. In the past, I feel that I have tried to rush things and make them happen--God was working too slow for me, you know… I always think back to Sarah and Abraham--when God's plan for a baby was not happening fast enough for Sarah, she told her husband to sleep with her maidservant to get God's promise going. Ugh! I have been Sarah in the past--NO, no, I never did that, but I certainly persuaded my husband to hurry up and do/buy things that we did not consult God about first. Not doing that again! So, in the meantime, we are praying, talking, and waiting.
- Our first year of homeschooling is coming to an end…hmm, not sure it is ending though…learning will continue all year round. The kids, through the experience of this year, are realizing that "school" (ie. learning) happens all day and all the time. Life = learning! It truly has been life-changing for our family and we are closer than ever…oh, I have so much to say on this one, but that will have to be for another post. <3
- Ed interviewed for two more jobs, but clearly God did not want him in either of those positions. Not sure what God has in store for Ed, but I am not worried. I know that God has great plans…we just need to be patient and rest in His promise to provide for our needs. He certainly has this year…still in awe of that! More than ever, I feel that God really wants to keep us right here in Arizona…he is already using us in amazing ways at our church!
- Ed and I have been asked to join the leadership team for a new homeschool co-op ministry at our church. We are both excited and overwhelmed by this new ministry!
- Collier's garden rocks! He has expanded it from 10x10 to 10x25…already enjoying spinach, arugula, and tomatoes. Just the other day, he was giving some friends individual tours…and listening to him was amazing. He has learned so much about gardening and how to produce/provide vegetables for his family. I am so proud of him!
- William is loving his bunny and is now obsessed with the idea of breeding bunnies! Yesterday he read ALL about it…listening to him explain, step by step, the process was hilarious (of course he could not quite understand why I was giggling). Apparently you know when they are finished, according to William paraphrasing the book and adding his thoughts on why, "When they are done, the buck makes a squealing sound! I guess it is because he is excited that he is going to have babies in 28-35 days!"
- Evan has been on his medication and supplements to get rid of his yeast overgrowth for just over two months now. Yeast is very hard to get rid of in the gut and intestinal tract, so we still have months to go, but we have seen amazing changes in his behavior! Praise God!!
Well, that is it for now--God is doing amazing things in our lives. This past year has been amazing evidence of that!
For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11Soli Deo Gloria,
Keira
No comments:
Post a Comment