Monday, July 2, 2012

How are we to live?

Last night before going to sleep, William and I were looking up some verses from my last homeschool moms´ bible study meeting. After each bible study, I have made it a habit to write each verse out in my journal. What a powerful exersize! Well, last night that exersize provided a great conversation with my eleven year old.

I have been feeling, for quite some time, disheartened by how desensitized we are becoming. The more we see something in the media, the more friends who are doing this or that, the more parents who are allowing their children to do this or that, the more we find it to be acceptable. Just because others are doing/wearing/allowing it, does that make it okay? How are we to live as Christians?

When William and I read this verse last night, we were reminded of what we are called to do living "in a warped and crooked generation." Conform? I think not.

Do all things without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.
Philippians 2:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment