Back in August, I wrote an article describing our financial situation and posing the question: Is it Possible?
Since then, some amazing things have happened, and they all point to our almighty and sovereign God. He is truly amazing and provides for our needs!
Please allow me to share what has occurred in this past month through my journaling that I did on Facebook.
November 2, 2013:
I am in absolute awe right now–God, yet again, provided for our family in a mighty way. He is sovereign and has completely honored us for following His lead and handing EVERYTHING over to Him–even our finances, one that is not easy to hand over. There have been many days when I have wondered how we were going to pay our rent or even buy food, but we continued to trust that He would provide and honor our commitment to live debt free, on one small salary, and homeschool our children. And, amazingly, He always provided. Many look at our choices as radical and reckless and that our situation could easily be rectified by me going back into the work force. But, we do not look to the world or our culture for our guidance, instead we are committed to what God has revealed to us in His living Word. We praise Him when all is going well–but especially when we are feeling weary and everything looks bleak because we know He is actively working on us and that we can lean on and trust in Him. We are His, and we know He is molding us (we made our fair share of bad choices in the past, and it certainly takes time to clean up our mess)! I pray that our journey is truly an encouragement and a testimony of our mighty and glorious God’s sovereignty! LIFE IS SO GOOD–I serve a mighty and glorious God, am married to a courageous, loving, and faithful biblical man who honors me and my role as a biblical woman (talk about liberating!!), and am privileged to be a mom to three amazingly smart, strong and faith-filled boys!!! Praise God!
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. Romans 8:28-30
November 4, 2013:
And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury. And He saw a poor widow putting in two small copper coins. And He said, “Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all of them; for they all out of their surplus put into the offering; but she out of her poverty put in all that she had to live on.” Luke 21:1-4
What a wonderful feeling it is to give! Just over a week ago a childhood friend expressed her need on Facebook. My heart truly went out to her, knowing how I felt so similar to her…this is how I responded to her post:
October 25: I so wish I could (help)–one day I truly hope to bless you. “If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion–how can God’s love be in that person?” 1 John 3:17 Right now we are in a very similar boat (not sure how we are going to pay rent next week), but we also trust in Jeremiah 29:11 because we are on His narrow path and He is leading us to something amazing. We have sacrificed everything to homeschool our kids–I would never change that, but it is not easy financially. And, yet, God provides in mysterious ways each month! We will continue to trust as I know you do. I will keep praying for you!
Well, little did I know, God already had something in the works to meet our financial needs–He did so in an amazing way on November 2nd and now, a little over a week later, we get to bless her! We could choose to store it all away for a “rainy day,” but we see someone in need now. Right now! And, we know that on our “rainy day,” that may or may not even ever happen, God will provide. When we are His, He provides for our needs. He is forever faithful.
My prayer is that we will continue to give of all that we have so that we are allowing our Lord’s light to shine, giving hope to those in need. Ultimately all that we have is only because that is what God has given us.
November 22, 2013:
I love seeing all these thankfulness posts during the month of November. While I cannot keep up each day doing it myself, I must share yet again the gratitude I have for God’s mighty provision. After He provided for us and blessed us in a mighty way at the beginning of this month, my husband and I decided to turn around and provide and bless a single mom who was struggling to make ends meet. Within a week of us blessing her, God provided 120% of that back to us through two anonymous gifts (one was handed to my husband at church and the other was a gift card emailed to my husband) . I am in AWE! Wow! Wow! Wow! Since we have surrendered our finances and let go of our pride, God has blessed us by providing every step of the way. We are so humbled–our budget does not work on my husband’s little salary. The only reason our budget works is not because of our own efforts and accomplishments but because we have surrendered our finances to Him and God takes care of what is His. We are His and I am so thankful! I look forward to continuing to bless those around us who are in need–what a beautiful way to show God’s love!
Today:
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace. Phil 4:6-7
May your Thanksgiving weekend be filled with love and thanks to our Lord God! He is so good! And, may you find encouragement in this post.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Keira
No comments:
Post a Comment