Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Proverbs 20:24 and Psalms 37:23

Good Morning! This morning I woke up extra early--5:15. I had two sourdough loaves ready to go in the oven, and I just felt energized to start the day despite going to bed just 4 hours earlier. Shortly after rising, my William walked out into the kitchen with a huge smile and a "Good Morning, Mommy!" I can always count on him to be up and going early filled with joy and excitement of what the day may have to offer. A friend had given us the book Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson just yesterday, so William was eager to start reading it (he is my history boy). Before reading it, I wanted to get my dose of God's word and read Proverbs 20 (today's date). As I read aloud, we had a great discussion. One particular verse stood out:

Man's steps are ordained by the LORD, How then can man understand his way? Proverbs 20:24

This also led me to:

The steps of a man are established by the Lord, And He delights in his way. Psalms 37:23

We are certainly on a journey following God's lead. At times it feels scary and discouraging, but I know that God has great plans for our family. While we do not see the door He plans to open for us, we are certainly seeing and feeling the doors He is closing. With each door that closes, we must delight and be thankful. We are on His path.

About a hour later my husband got up, so I shared those verses with him. Just after that he got four emails telling him that he was out of the running for four jobs. While we were both disappointed, we know God is at work and cares about us.

Happy Wednesday and blessings to you!
Keira

No comments:

Post a Comment